San Salvador de la Punta Castle. Built between 1589 and 1600 by the Italian military engineer Giovanni Batista Antonelli to defend the western side of the Havana harbour entrance, the low-lying La Punta fort was originally outside the city walls. In the early 17th century a heavy, at night or in a crisis, a massive chain was winched across the channel between the Punta and Morro forts to block ships from entering. The two forts are so close.
When British army attack Havana. They silenced the Spanish guns of La Punta in a three-day bombardment in 1762 from El Morro castle.
Today the fortress has an even more romantic role in the city's as favorite spot for lovers.