S. S. San Pasqual Ship . The S. S. San Pasqual was constructed as an oil tanker by the Pacific Marine Construction Company in San Diego, CA and launched on June 28, 1920.
In March of 1921, the San Pasqual was damaged in a storm and laid up for another three years. In 1924 she was purchased by the Old Times Molasses Company of Havana, Cuba and used as a store ship in Santiago de Cuba. Eight years later, it was dismantled and used as depot-ship in Havana.
In 1933, she was run aground off the coast of Cuba. During the Second World War, the hulk was outfitted with machine guns and cannons and used as a lookout for German submarines.
In the 1990's, the ship was converted into a hotel and remains so to this day. The San Pasqual rests off the coast of Cayo Las Brujas, Cuba. She is a 10 room hotel accessible by boat from the mainland.
Registration: ON 22021
Load Waterline Draft: 26'6"
Deadweight: 7,500 tons
Gross tonnage: 6,486
Net tonnage: 4,082
Engine: T 3-cyl., 359 nhp. Llewellyn Iron Works, Los Angeles, California.